- German Cockroaches are the most troublesome domestic cockroach
- German Cockroaches are about 1/2" – 5/8" long
- German Cockroaches will feed on practically anything
- German Cockroaches like to hide in dark cracks and crevices inside your home
- German Cockroaches Can cause infection and disease
- One female can produce 35,000 offspring in a single year.
- American Cockroaches are the largest of the common cockroaches
- American Cockroaches grow up to 1 – 1 1/2” long
- American Cockroaches are attracted to sweets, grains, hair, soap residue, etc.
- American Cockroaches can be found in dark, moist places
- American Cockroaches can cause infection and disease
- These roaches are found around foundations, under wood piles, and near pools
- More than 3,000 species of spiders in North America keep Pest Control Inc. busy all year long
- Two spider species are considered more dangerous by Pest Control Inc. than others, they are the black widow and brown recluse spiders
- Since the black widow and brown recluse spiders feed mainly on insects and other small arthropods, spiders indicate the presence of other household pests
- Females spiders can lay up to several hundred eggs in a silken sac
- Brown Recluse Spiders can survive without food for up to three months making Pest Control Inc.’s job more difficult
- Spider bites may occur when people clean out neglected areas or put on seldom-worn clothing
- Silverfish are 1/2” – 3/4” long
- Silverfish can be identified by its 3 bristlelike tails
- Females can lay 1-3 eggs per day
- Silverfish Breed in wall voids, under flooring and in attics
- Silverfish feed primarily on starch in paper (especially wallpaper & wallpaper paste)
- Silverfish also cause damage to clothing by feeding on cotton and linen
Silverfish can be found almost anywhere in a home, including living rooms, bedrooms, dresser drawers, bathrooms, attics and garages.
- Crickets are 3/4” – 7/8” long
- Crickets are generally nocturnal, hiding in dark, warm places during the day
- Crickets are surface feeders, mainly on clothing and carpet in your home
- Crickets eat papers, cotton, linen and proteins and damage
- Crickets can eat large holes in fabric without Pest Control Inc.’s service
- Many species of Carpenter Ants are black, but some varieties are reddish with a black abdomen
- The name Carpenter Ant comes from the damage they cause to wood by tunneling and nesting
- Carpenter Ants can forage up to 300 feet from their colony
- Mature Carpenter Ant colonies may contain 2,000 – 4,000 ants
- Carpenter Ant Workers vary in size from 1/4” – 3/4” long
Carpenter Ants feed on other insects and nearly anything people eat, particularly sweets and meats found in kitchen and storage areas.
- Ghost Ants features a dark brown head and light colored abdomen
- Ghost Ants colonies contain numerous reproductive females and can occupy several different nesting sites
- Improper Ghost Ant treatment can actually increase and spread the infestation
- Ghost Ant workers are extremely small, they are usually no more than 1/16” long
Ghost ants are attracted to sugar, cake, syrup, etc. They enter the home from a large number of colonies located outside.
- Pharaoh Ants feature a pale yellowish to reddish body
- Pharaoh Ants colonies may contain several hundred thousand workers and multiple queens
- Pharaoh Ants can spread a variety of bacteria
- Pharaoh Ant Workers are usually about 1/16” long
Pharaoh Ants nest in inaccessible areas, such as wall voids, behind baseboards, in furniture, under floors and between linens.
- Fire Ants name comes from their ability to inflict especially painful stings
- Fire Ants feature a yellowish-brown thorax with darker abdomen
- Single queen Fire Ant mounds can number 80-100 per acre, each with up to 250,000 ants
- Fire Ant workers are usually 1/16” – 1/4”
Fire Ant nests are usually situated outside in the soil at the base of a tree, shrub, exterior wall or in clumps of grass, However, Fire Ants can also nest inside your home. People call Fire Ants the Fire Ant for good reason! If you step in a nest of Fire Ants they will FIRE YOU UP! Pest Control Inc. exterminates Fire Ants where the live and breed.
- Thief Ants are named for their habit of nesting near other ant nests, which they rob of food
- Thief Ants can be pale yellow to light or dark brown color
- Sometimes Thief Ants feed on dead animals and carry disease to contaminate human food
- Thief Ant workers are usually about 1/16” long
These ants usually nest in small crevices, especially in the woodwork and masonry of your home.